Baristas wake up before dawn, they clean bathrooms, and they serve people ridiculous drinks. Just when you thought customers’ orders could not get more obnoxious, someone ups the ante and asks for a nonfat latte with 2 percent foam.
Whatever happened to just coffee?
1. Going to bed when it is light out.
2. Working the opening shift after you stayed out until 2 a.m. the night before.
3. When a customer orders a nonfat hazelnut macchiato, sugar-free, extra shot, three ice cubes and extra whip.
4. When you make it hot but they wanted it iced.
5. When a customer walks in five minutes before close.
6. When someone orders a blended drink
7. Trying to function as a normal human after a morning shift and realizing you just can’t.
8. “Why isn’t the wifi working?”
9. When you don’t work at Starbucks and someone orders a “tall,” “grande,” or “venti.”
10. When someone insists on making their own custom drink and doesn’t like it.
11. The tip jar at the end of an eight-hour shift.
12. When you realized you should’ve been a bartender.
And again, we say, whatever happened to just coffee?