For those of us who have ever worked as a barista, the #baristaproblems tag on Twitter will definitely give you some laughs. Whether our fellow barista workers are venting @barista_anger or taking it out on #dearcustomer, Twitter is definitely full of relatable moments.
1. Sometimes being a barista entails some heavy duty cleaning.
2. And sometimes that includes cleaning messes that others made.
3. Sometimes the number of special seasonal drinks ordered can take a toll on you.
4. But in the end, those generous tips make it all worth it.
5. Working as a barista can also function as a creative outlet.
6. Some customers won’t have the best taste.
7. And some will order drinks that just do not exist.
8. Others will just confuse you to no end.
9. Some customers will be annoyed that you’re not spending your entire holiday working.
10. Others will think they’re a regular after coming for coffee twice.
11. And you’ll always get a few rude people who just want things for free.
12. But no matter how much your customers drive you crazy, you’ll always have your awesome co-workers to keep you smiling.
13. Sometimes, you may feel terrorized by one particular ingredient.
14. Yes, rising tolerance to espresso is a thing.
15. And don’t even get us started on the early/long working hours.
16. As you’ve learned, some customers can be truly ruthless.
17. And some just can’t say the menu items the way you’d like.
18. Oh, and tips are usually nonexistent.
19. In case you’re wondering, yes, we really do need to write your name on your order.
20. Sometimes, you’ll get some funny ideas.
21. Oh, and customers who spill all the sugar and honey? After this shift, I’m coming for you.